pin in the excess fabric at the neckline making sure that you continue this down to nothing. It will end up looking like a dart and it should finish around just above the bust. If it goes lower than the bust almost to the waist – then your problem is that you have chosen a size too big for you.
- Now to transfer that amount of excess to your pattern.
- Measure down to the point where the excess fabric dart finishes.
- Mark that on your pattern and square a line out to finish at the seam.
- Now draw a line up to the neckline – say half way between the CF and the shoulder.
- Measure how much needs to be taken out of the pattern and halve it.
- Mark that amount on the pattern to the right of the first line at the neckline and draw a line back down to the first point.
- Now fold the dart in and secure with tape. This is the time now to redraw the neckline if it needs it.
- The same amount of excess needs to also be taken out of the front neck facing.
And that’s it ladies – I hope this has helped one aspect of making an outfit fit your properly. And now you are ready to make a gorgeous new outfit for yourself.