Cut your binding on the bias (the same way I demonstrated in Part 1) 3.2cm/1 1/4″ wide.
- how to sew different seams
- how to finish off seams if you don’t have an overlocker/serger
- how to tie a foolproof beautiful looking bow
- how sew in zips the easy way
- and many more
Do you have a special occasion coming up soon or just want to reward yourself with a pretty new dress?
|My gorgeous happy customers wearing their new Blossom Party Dresses|
Well, I’m so excited to be having my first Market Night this Wednesday 29th Feb, 8pm Qld time, for my new Blossom Party Dresses. (Kids clothes Market Night will be following in 2 weeks time)
It’s been overwhelming with the response for my new dresses (thank you) and to keep order in my life and to be able to work on my children’s range as well I’ll only be opening orders for my dresses 1 night per month with 10 custom spots available. Also, I need to do a bulk order of fabric which will keep your costs and my costs down!
Ok, so here’s how the Market Night will work.
- I have an album set up for the night
- proceedings will start at 8pm sharp (Qld time)
- please write SOLD only if you want to make a purchase and only under the photo called “10 custom spots available” – please don’t put a SOLD under the photos of the dresses……as you may miss out!!
- then you need to send me your order and postal address and we can go from there
- if you miss out on being one of the lucky 10 to place an order check back with me in a few days as someone may have cancelled
- if the 10 custom spots are taken please still write SOLD as someone may cancel and that way I can contact you
- payment needs to be made within 7 days or your spot will go to the next person wishing to place an order
- if you are one of my VIP customers you will be able to grab a custom spot 1 hour before – 7pm Qld time.
- to become a VIP customer you need to be on my email list. If you would like to do this just enter your details to the right of this post.
Hi Brianna, how old are you? 6
Where do you live? Quakers Hill, New South Wales
What do you do during the day? I go to school – I am in Kindergarten this year
What is your favourite food? Vegetables (I bet your mum is impressed!)
What is your least favourite food? I like all food (wow! now I’m impressed! you must be a delight to cook for!)
What is your favourite pastime? Swimming and Gymnastics
What is your favourite colour? Blue
Do you have any pets, Brianna? Yes, I have 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 guinea pigs and lots of fish in the pond (sounds like it would be very busy at your home feeding your pets!)
Who is your favourite person and why? My mum and dad and teacher, as they look after me!
What annoys you? When people yell
What is your favourite joke or riddle? Why did the chicken cross the road? (I don’t know Brianna, why did the chicken cross the road?) To get to the other side! (of course!)
What is your favourite 1 Puddle Lane outfit and why? my dress in the photo as it is comfy and pretty
And last question Brianna. What do you want to be when you grow up? a Hairdresser
Thank you Brianna for letting me interview you and finding out a bit more about you. Hope you have a lovely Christmas with your family.
|Image courtesy of: Design Swan|
I have to say that with my 5 week stint to Europe I am not very organised for my Christmas range this year. Last year I was on the ball and had my range ready to preview in September. But because we were planning our holiday for September this year my holiday seemed to be the only thing on my mind.
I have definitely left my run a bit late to buy my Christmas fabric from America as this year, for some reason, postage deliveries are taking up to 6 weeks to arrive. But not to fear I did my Spotlight and Lincraft trek last weekend in search of Christmas fabric and to be honest I didn’t find anything I liked. So I put on my creative hat and thought what can I do now for my Christmas Range?
It literally just popped into my head ‘I’ll make my own Christmas fabric’ …. true! So I’ve decided to do something very different this year and just go with the Christmas colours – red and green – rather than Christmas print fabric. Of course I found loads of gorgeous red, green and white fabric. I thought this would also be a better idea as you can dress your little ones in their new outfits after Christmas and because of the style you can put a tee or skivvy under and it can take you through the cooler months! Fantastic!
Now when I said ‘I’d make my own fabric’…..I’ve decided to try my hand at stencilling! I used to do a lot of stencilling and fabric painting when my kids were young and let me tell you it’s a lot of fun!
So I have some sneak peeks at what I’ve been up to and all my Christmas stock will be made available at my Market/Sale Night on Wednesday 9th November at 8pm Qld time. Oh! and I’m excited to say that I’ll have some Christmas boys wear available.
|Before I start any of my creations I always pop the fabrics in the wash to pre shrink and remove any chemicals|
|Playing around with paint and stencils|
|I thought Butterflies would be nice!|
This is only a small piece of what I’ll be doing for Christmas. So leave a comment below and tell me what you think.